Our client a major player in the Solar Power Sectors in Nigeria is looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer (Nigeria)
Reporting To: CEO
The COO will be accountable for: Overseeing commercial and operational activities of business activities
To oversee company’s organizations ongoing operations and procedures ensuring the commercial targets of the business are delivered in line with growth expectations whilst maintaining profitability.
You will be responsible for ensuring company’s internal systems and processes across the organization are best in class. You will be required to manage inter-departmental functions to ensure there is an effective communication loop between technical, finance, commercial and operations.
Key Competencies Required:
• Take ownership of the company’s commercial delivery of services to our chosen client base.
• Provide leadership to the senior management team in identifying areas for continuous improvement, including technical, commercial, sales, and go to market strategy.
• Ensure project economics are assessed and aligned with company return objectives.
• Demonstrate competency in strategic planning and business development of existing business whilst contributing to the assessment of areas for expansion be it sector or geography.
• Accountable for timely and accurate reporting for the operational business including forecasting of pipeline and sales per the normal reporting cycles as well as input into yearly business planning e.g. Strategy sessions etc
• Continuously update understanding of the customers’ changing operational challenges, develop deep technical knowledge including awareness of current and future trends in power and cooling technology and industry funding trends.
• Manage professional relations with key customers and industry bodies to promote Company’s visibility in our chosen sectors.
• Attract, retain, educate and develop world-class commercial and operational teams to realize our go to market strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree with a strong emphasis on commercial and technical disciplines.
• Minimum of 5 years of consultative experience in COO or similar leadership role.
• Previous experience as senior executive in FMCG/Power/Industrial/Solar/Telco
• Prior experience working for a large company in a matrix environment
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers.
• Strong communication skills to synthesize complex issues and communicate into simple messages
• Willingness and ability to live and travel within Nigeria with occasional trips out as required.
• Commercially astute, capable of evaluating complex pricing models
• Business Strategy Development
• Relationship Management (internal & external Able to assess creativity & innovation)
• Experienced in Senior Staff Performance Management
• Demonstrated ability to lead, energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Ambition to join a dynamic company breaking new ground in the green energy space