- Strategically advise internal and external stakeholders in the identification and possible application of new technology and resources to continually seek improvements in all facets of HV Live Line work.
- Manage HV Live Line work external auditing across the company to ensure compliance with regulations and policies, including the people and processes to undertake this.
- Worksite promotion of the Electrical Safety Rules, in conjunction with adherence to a safety interaction/compliance audit plan, to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedure.
- Work with Training Policy section to develop HV Live Line training outcome requirements, approve training curriculum and audit training outcomes.
- Work with Electrical Safety Authorizations section to monitor and report to management on HV Live Line authorizations, training, audits, work carried out and areas for improvement.
- Lead the development and communication of the Electrical Safety Rules, including provision of subject matter expert advice in this functional area, answering questions about the Rules and associated procedures, and publicizing these throughout the company.
- Provide professional advice and assistance in the investigation and analysis of electrical safety related incidents, research options for the development of appropriate corrective and preventative actions and identify required changes to the Electrical Safety Rules and/or associated documents.
- Ensuring that HV Live Line procedures and policies deliver the company’s needs for safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Being a visible electrical safety “champion” throughout the company, including working closely with all areas of the Electrical Safety and Authorizations team and HSE, to develop, implement and promote electrical safety initiatives.
- Aligning HV Live Line work practices and other electrical safety initiatives across Network.
- Ensures regular team and practice events take place away from the office.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills required especially in managing the interfaces.
- Significant experience in welding engineering design and construction.
- Experience in piping/pipeline engineering and in EPCC Contract management.
- Extensive Project management experience and skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player, acting as a champion to break new grounds, self-motivated, starter.
- Be able to constantly travel to all project locations.
- Knowledge in ASME, AWS, ISO, API codes
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline from a reputable local or foreign university duly recognized.
- 12 years of experience as an Electrical HV Specialist within a Construction environment.
- Degree in Electronics or closely related field and 5 years of related electronics or instrumentation experience with 5 years of lead or supervisory experience or any combination of equivalent.education and experience in Oil and Gas and Construction will be preferred.
Also apply on NOGIC JQS website www.nogicjqs.gov.ng