The General Manager, Retail Sales Operations will be responsible for the day to day profitable operations of all retail stores under his management in line with the company’s retail operating standards and set objectives.
Responsibilities will include;
- Create business plan for the stores and communicates same to get buy-in
- Day to day oversight on all company’s retail operating stores to ensure profitability and other performance indicators are met.
- Champion the development, update and enforcement of retail operating standards and policies across all company locations.
- Maintaining best practice visual merchandising standards across all assigned locations
- Institute best-in-class loss prevention and risk control strategies aimed at protecting company’s assets and managing costs
- Ensuring that all the stores are working towards higher profitability
- Visit individual stores and investigating the performance and operations of each store periodically.
- Provide troubleshooting solutions to stores in times of problems
- Create end-to-end sales plan, display plans and ad plans customized for each aspect of the retail business
- Maintain comprehensive awareness of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Ensuring proper controls and minimal shrinkage to the company’s retail inventory
- Working with the Human Resource function to identify and recruit key retail sales staff
- Training, coaching and mentoring of retail sales staff
- Report daily/ weekly to the Managing Director about the performance of each store