The Head, Internal Control manages independent examinations of the financial, operational and process systems of our client's business units, while establishing and maintaining a system of controls that would safeguard the organization’s assets as well as prevent and detect errors and fraud.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Head, Internal Control, you will be required to do the following:
- Formulating the framework for risk-based audit, plan and strategy for internal audits, management audits and concurrent audits
- Leading the development and implementation of an internal risk-based audit strategy and annual plan for the group.
- Planning and conducting audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Designing, implementing, testing and modifying controls in specific organization systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the corporate level.
- Keeping abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Discussing updates of new regulations with the Management and relevant Heads of department.
- Providing an objective and evidence based annual opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control to facilitate the drafting the annual governance report.
- Preparing and presenting accurate internal audit reports for consideration of the audit committee and the board.
- Providing advice on proposed developments such as major new systems and proposed initiatives to help ensure risks are properly identified and evaluated and appropriate controls built in.
- Doing everything else as directed by your line manager