- Instrument Controls/Analyzer Specialist should have a good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), provides subject matter expertise to maintenance teams.
- Subject matter expert for specific processes and procedures, technical matters, and equipment.
- Equipment types may include instrumentation, control systems, analyzers, (I&C).
- Demonstrates very strong maintenance skills for these equipment types.
- Able to provide support or guidance for complex troubleshooting, may participate in constructability and maintenance design reviews and may assist engineering for routine maintenance as well as.
- Turnaround, or new project support. Ability to influence without authority and interacts effectively with operation and maintenance organizations.
- Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; able to network effectively within organizations. Instrument and Controls (I&C) Specialist will cover some but not all the responsibilities listed below.
- Provides technical support and coordination of risk assessments, incident investigation and conceptual and pre-Front End Engineering Design (FEED) studies.
- Supports coordination of cost management and productivity improvement plans.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication.
- Functional Skills: Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) management - operations and maintenance, maintenance planning, maintenance scheduling, maintenance management, maintenance-I&C/A.
- Electronics– Knowledge of electronic theory and practice including materials, diagrams and methods used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic control devices. Knowledge of equipment used in electrical construction and repair.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
- Reviews status reports of Project Managers and Senior Managers and addresses issues as appropriate.
- 15 years of experience as an Instrumentation Specialist, Degree in Electronics or closely related field and 7 years of related electronics or instrumentation experience with 7 years of lead or supervisory experience or any combination of equivalent education and experience in Oil and Gas, and Construction will be preferred.
- 20 years’ experience in execution of major control system, DCS & other specialized instrumentation construction projects.
Also apply on NOGIC JQS website www. nogicjqs.gov.ng