Our client, a regional distributor for the major manufacturers of interior solutions is looking to fill the opening for an Internal Control Officer
This role reports to the Head, Internal Control
Job location is Lagos State
Key Competencies Required:
• As an Internal Control Officer, you will be required to do the following
• Review books of account and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
• Review of local bank reconciliation statements
• Review of quotes before sending to clients-with specific reference to prices applied, discounts, VAT and installation charges
• Review data about assets and its utilization, net worth and income
• Conduct pre-audit test of all expenditures
• Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with regulations, and management policies.
Have a degree in Accounting
• Minimum 3-4 years’ cognate experience.
• Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
• Basic understanding of financial services industry
• Planning and Organizing
• Data/Information Management
• Financial Acumen
• Financial Systems Savvy