- Provide leadership to position the business unit to meet financial and operational objectives. Assist the Managing director in developing and executing a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and meet growth and earnings objectives within the operation and maintenance business in the oil and gas sector.
- Has responsibility for marketing, business development, proposal development, contract management and project management.
- Oversee operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Oversees the Operations and Maintenance contract on which the GM O&M is managing around 500 people.
- Implement the right organisation and KPI to meet the client requirement regarding level of production.
- Ensuring that the Company HSE policy is effectively implemented and that corrective measures are taken in a timely manner.
- Developing new strategies to increase production with safe and cost-efficient methods. Ensuring that adequate safety norms are used by site personnel.
- Operating the oil and gas fields in a profitable and optimal manner.
- Assist the Managing director in the formation of business strategies for the Operation and Maintenance business.
- Comprehend and assess the business unit financial position and update the current profit and loss statement.
- Prepare analytical tools to allow management to isolate costs that could contribute to decreasing profits.
- Promote the company through meetings with current and future clients, partners, vendors, participation in industry and channel leadership and events, written publications and other promotional activities that directly benefit the business unit.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with IOC’s and Indigenous companies.
- In-depth knowledge of the various oil and gas field procedures and practices.
- Well-developed technical understanding of all phases of an oil & gas producing asset from subsurface to pipelines to processing.
- Commercial experience dealing with domestic and international supply contracts.
Academic qualifications or equivalent: Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering field.
- 20 years’ experience in running Operation and Maintenance of major oil producing field, major oil & gas facility, out of which 10 years as in charge of the Facility.
- Influential and leadership skills; driving continual improvements and engaging with numerous different business units within an energy company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; adept at interaction with variety of contacts, including peers within a multi-disciplinary team, management, vendors and industry partners