The Product Manager is responsible for making the products “fly- off the shelf.” He develops and executes integrated marketing plans by identifying potential products; conduct market research; participate in new product development; establish timescales for developing products; influencing pricing; monitor sales and market trends; developing marketing strategies.
-Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
-Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
-Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
-Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising and production.
-Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts/reports and analyses
- Determines pricing of product by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a market-facing role (e.g. conducting competitor analysis, market research and presentations to customers and prospects)
- An M.sc/B.Sc/HND holder of Chemistry, Biology or related courses.
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in retail or service industry.
- Must be proficient in MS applications and marketing automation tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, Marketo
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter ad Facebook
- Exceptional ROI – tracking skills, able to prove what is-or isn’t- working
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Being a team player, good public speaker and comfortable in front of large, senior groups and critics
Skills & Ability
- Polite and cautious
-Positive, friendly attitude with excellent client service and strong interpersonal communication skills.
-Extensive knowledge of skin care products
-Ability to demonstrate and promote beauty products on the spot (e.g. how to use the soaps/creams/e.t.c)
-Ability to remain calm and pleasant during peak hours.
-Flexible ability to work during “peak” hours i.e. weekends, holidays and nights (if required).
-Ability to work under stress
--Analytical, meticulous and problem-solving skills